Good morning friends, and Happy New Year!!
While 2017 was a very good year, I know that 2018 is going to be even better! I feel like I’ve learned so much about myself over this last year, and I’ve been working really hard to use all the things I’ve learned to be the best me possible. And with the start of a New Year, I always like to set goals for myself and work on things I know will improve me and my family’s overall health and happiness.
* Really live in the moment more. As a blogger, I always feel the constant pressure to have my phone out and ready to snap pictures at any moment, but what I’ve realized is that by constantly doing this I actually miss out on the real joy in that moment. While I still plan to share photos and life’s fun moments with you guys, I also plan to keep some to myself and not worry about trying to snap the perfect photo.
* To bring back “real life” to this blog. Over the last few years, I haven’t felt much urge to write about anything real or talk about my struggles on here. I’ve realized that it’s not that I don’t have the urge, it’s that I let the fear of being judged take over my desire to share the real life and not so perfect moments with you all. That being said, I truly believe that in order to really connect with people and to live a wholehearted, happy life you have to own things and share these moments.
* To make time to workout at least four times a week. I feel like I sound like a broken record with this one, but this year I know I have to make it happen and I have to stick with it. As hard as it is to make myself go to the gym or sign up for a class, I always feel happier, stronger, and better about myself after I do it.
* Along with working out more, I’m also planning to eat healthier. Todd and I talked this weekend, and we are going to start Whole30 next Monday together. I’ve heard amazing things about this diet, so I’m looking forward to trying it out and seeing how it works out for Todd and I. And y’all, let me know if this is something you want me to document and share on here.
* To be more organized in our home and with my daily routine. While I keep our home pretty clean and somewhat organized, I want to do better. My plan is to take it room by room for the next week and really organize all of our space to look and function better. And as far as myself, I thrive on a schedule and I’m always more productive when I set one for myself. So, my plan is to start writing out a schedule the night before, get up really early like I used to, and then complete the things I know have to be done.
* To stop comparing my life to others. It’s so easy, especially with social media these days, to compare our lives to the picture perfect photo on Instagram and then instantly feel unworthy. But what I have to have to remember and tell myself is that while it may look perfect, it’s just a photo and not the entire picture. No one’s life is perfect and everyone has bad days, so comparing what I think may be perfect to my own will never bring me happiness…it will only steal it.
And while I have a few more goals, these are the main ones, and they are goals I think are the most important.
I would love to hear what resolutions or life goals that you guys have set for 2018.
Make sure you check back here first thing in the morning, because I’m going to have a really fun GIVEAWAY for you guys and I’ll also be updating you throughout the day with my favorites!
Below are a few tips to help make things run a little smoother!!
ONE // If you don’t already have an account, set one up NOW!! You can do that right here
TWO // This sale is running for two days this time, so if you want an item, don’t waste any time…grab it fast!! The start time is tomorrow at 8am and it will end Thursday at midnight.
THREE // Shipping is FREE!!!!! This means there is no minimum order, so checkout as many times as necessary!
FOUR // For a little more help with sizing, I highly recommend using the Lilly True Fit guide
to help you decide. I would do this now instead of waiting until tomorrow.
FIVE // Lilly will be using their virtual line again this year. During the last two sales the lines have moved super fast, but if possible, I would have two types of technology ready. I usually have my laptop and my phone ready so I can be in two virtual lines.