Todd and I have both decided that we need to try and eat more healthy meals. I am so happy that he is on board with me because having a partner in eating healthy makes it easier to say the least. And he has even agreed to start cooking some on the weekends because he said he really wants to learn how to do more in the kitchen.
That being said, I’m hoping that we have a lot more healthy recipes to share with you guys soon! My plan is to try and share at least one, if not, two recipes a week with you guys from now on.
And I am so excited to kick off my healthy recipes with this one! Todd and I both LOVED and it, and we had enough left over for both of us to have for lunch the next day. Oh, and by the way…it reheats in the microwave really well.
- 10 oz. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 1 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce (green top)
- 2 Tbsp green onions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- Lime wedges, if desired
For the Jerk Seasoning:
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ⅛ tsp. allspice
- ⅛ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ⅛ tsp. sea salt
For the Cauliflower Rice:
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, chopped
- 4 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ⅛ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 (15 oz) can no-salt-added red kidney beans
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
To make the marinade, in a medium bowl whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, orange juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, green onions, jalapeño and jerk seasoning. Add shrimp to the bowl and allow them to marinate for about 30 minutes.
- *Note: if using wooden skewers for the shrimp make sure they soak in water for about 30 minutes as well.
- To make the cauliflower rice, heat a large skillet over medium heat and drizzle in olive oil. Add bell pepper, jalapeño and pineapple and sauté until tender, about 3 to 5 minutes. Then add cauliflower rice and stir in garlic powder, salt/pepper, cinnamon, orange juice. Cook for about 5 minutes then add the kidney beans, cooking an additional 2 minutes. Remove from heat and mix in chopped cilantro.
- Thread shrimp onto soaked wooden skewers (reserving the marinade) and grill, covered, over medium heat for about 4 to 6 minutes until shrimp are opaque and cooked through, turning once.
- In a small bowl, bring the reserved marinade to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes.
- Brush glaze over top of the grilled shrimp skewers and serve over cauliflower rice with lime wedges. Enjoy!
Now onto some more exciting information on the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale!
When is the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale!
The sale will start on Monday, August 28th at 8 a.m. ET and it will run through Wednesday, August 30th!! So yes, this year the sale will be going on for THREE days instead of TWO! And again, if you haven’t already done so go set up your account here!!
Why is the Lilly Pulitzer After Party Such a big deal?
This sale only happens twice a year!! Otherwise you will rarely ever see Lilly on sale. The other sale that happens in January is great, don’t get me wrong, but this one in August is always my favorite. Not to mention, the one in August is always a good bit bigger with more clothing and accessories! And again, this year it’s going on for THREE days instead of TWO!
Can I shop The Lilly Sale From More Than One Device?
You sure can, and I highly recommend that you do. I’ll have my phone, my laptop, and my desktop ready to shop on Monday morning! This year (just like last year) you will be put in a virtual line to shop the sale so for every device that you are using you will be in a separate line.
Just Because It’s In Your Cart doesn’t mean it’s reserved!
You must completely checkout and pay before the product is unavailable to other shoppers. And this is just another reason I like to have more than one device handy…it makes multiple checkouts easier and faster.
How do I know what size to order?
This is always a tough one, but over the past two years Lilly has been pretty consistent with their sizing and in my opinion it runs a little on the bigger side. Tomorrow I’ll be sharing a few items that I own and that are going to be part of the sale along with sizing information.
This dress may just be my favorite from Lilly Pulitzer this season. I am pretty sure that this print will not be part of the sale, but I’m keeping my fingers crossed that they will have this style on sale in a different print!
Maxi Dress // Earrings // Bracelet // Clutch similar here
// And last, but definitely not least, make sure to head over to my Instagram this evening at 9 p.m. ET and enter the chance to win a $200 Lilly Pulitzer gift card!! Best part…the winner will be chosen on the evening of August 26th and Lilly has promised to make sure the winner gets it in time to use it to shop the sale!!!
+ view comments