Good morning ladies, and happy Thursday!
First off, let me just say how thrilled I was to receive all of your dm messages when I shared my basic taco Tuesday dinner on Instagram. All of you said this is the kind of meals you preferred, and that you wished I would share more basic meals. So. your wish is my command and one that is happily welcomed 🙂
I know some people say the older your kids get the easier it is, and in some ways that is very true, but in other ways I feel it’s the total opposite. Between homework, studying for tests (which Carson has at least three a week), dance, and sports (baseball is all the time now) making a homemade gourmet meal is a joke during the week! Please don’t get me wrong, I am not complaining about the things mentioned…I know this is life for all moms with older kids and I truly love it, but there are times when somethings gotta give. And right now, making meals during the week that take more than 30-40 minutes just isn’t going to happen.
Okay, sorry, I kinda went off on a rant up there, but back to today’s delicious and easy pasta!
I used the recipe found here
, but instead of using mayo, I substituted it for 5.3oz of greek yogurt and two small squirts of cream cheese. I don’t like mayonnaise at all, so if you feel the same, I highly recommend trying it this way because it turned out delicious! And don’t worry, I know summer and swimsuit season is right around the corner, so I will try my best to make more easy meals that are healthier and a bit more waist friendly…ha!
Dress runs tts and I’m wearing it in the xs. Also, I know it says not to, but I wash and dry mine and it’s perfectly fine 😉
My silly boy, who I think may have grown three feet over the last year.
- 2 cups broccoli florets, blanched and chopped into smaller bites
- 10 slices bacon, cooked, drained of fat, and chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, whole
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sweet peas, cooked
- 8 oz pasta shells, cooked
- 2/3 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 or 2 tablespoons dry Ranch mix, or more, to taste
- In a large bowl, combined chopped blanched broccoli, chopped cooked bacon, whole cherry tomatoes, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, cooked sweet peas, cooked pasta shells.
- In a medium bowl, combine mayo and milk and add 1 or 2 tablespoons of dry Ranch mix. Mix well and taste to see if you need to add more dry Ranch mix to the dressing.
- Gradually add the salad dressing to the large bowl with the salad ingredients. Some people like lots of dressing on their salad, some don’t – let your taste be your guide as far as how much dressing to add!