Okay you guys, I am so excited to start this new little series here on the blog! After listening to your feedback, it seems that most of you want to see everyday life, recipes, and fashion the most. So, I thought it would be fun to bring you guys a weekly post.
Now let me be honest, my girl Kim took these pictures right after we had another shoot so my house was empty (kids were at school) and it was super clean. That is also the only reason I’m rocking this much makeup and these hot pink lips…ha! After this post, get ready to see a more casual look, less makeup, kids running around, and a messy kitchen. Oh yeah, and I’ll have Todd behind the camera, so I can’t promise you the quality will be as good as this either 😉 Either way…it will be real life, real fashion, and hopefully a real good meal.
- 4 slices (about 2 ounces) prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 3 ounces (heaping ⅓ cup) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 2½ ounces baby arugula
- ½ ounce (1 cup loosely packed) fresh basil, cut chiffonade style
- 1 – 15.5 ounce can of cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 ounces (1/3 cup) oil packed sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the prosciutto slices on a parchment or silicone lined baking sheet. Bake until browned and crispy, about 15-20 minutes. Let cool and then break into small pieces and set aside.
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place the arugula and basil in a mixing bowl and toss to combine. Add the beans, mozzarella, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Re-whisk the dressing and pour on top. Toss to thoroughly combine all the ingredients.
- Divide among 4 salad plates. Sprinkle on the crispy prosciutto pieces just prior to serving..
Photos by Kim Graham