Let me start this off by saying I am no expert on entertaining, but it seems that I do it pretty often so I feel like I do have a few a few tricks up my sleeve.
Y’all know I get overwhelmed pretty easily so I try to do everything I can ahead of time, that way when the time comes for the party, supper club, or just a little get together, I can actually partake in the wine sipping and conversation instead of running around like a crazy person.
I recently hosted our monthly girls supper club at my house, and as usual, we had a blast. To me, a get together at someone’s house can be much more fun than a restaurant. I don’t know, there’s just a calm about pouring your own wine, talking as loud as you want too, and going back for seconds if you didn’t quite get full. Yes, I am guilty of this! Hey, these girls are like my sisters, they know I love to eat 🙂
Here are a few things that help me avoid feeling so overwhelmed the day of the event. Most of you probably already do these things, but just in case, I thought I would share.
1. Make a list – I always write down everything I need, from the appetizer to the flowers on the table. I usually make my run to get everything at least two days before the party.
2. Chill all your wine or champagne the night before.
3. Prepare any and all of your food that you can the night before.
4. Never stress over the dessert 🙂 By the time dessert comes most people are getting full and feeling pretty good 🙂 I always pick up my favorite cake from Publix, cupcakes from Sugar, or something from one of my personal favorites, Glazed. It’s one less thing for me to worry about.
5. Have fun!! Enjoy the time with your friends and don’t stress about everything being perfect!
A special thanks to Gloria Ferrer for making my night a little easier.
+ view comments