Y’all, I can not believe today is officially the last day I will be able to say I am in my twenties!!! Ahh!! Believe it or not, I actually feel pretty excited about turning 30! People always say that your thirties are the best years yet, and you know what, I have a feeling that this could be true.
So in honor of the BIG 3-0 I thought I would share some things I’ve learned in my almost thirty years, some things I plan to change in my thirties, plus a few funny things you may not know about me:)
Things I’ve learned and Things I want to work on.
That comparing yourself to others will NEVER bring you happiness. I am so very guilty of doing this, but I believe it’s really just human nature. I believe the saying is so true that comparison is the true thief of joy. In my thirties I am planning on challenging myself not to let my mind go there and to be 100% happy with the amazingly beautiful life that I have been blessed with.
I’ve learned that my metabolism isn’t the same as it was in my early twenties. Hell, it’s not even as good as it was a year ago. My trips to Taco Bell have had to stop (well, unless it’s a really late night). My ability to eat what I want and just workout to stay my ideal weight isn’t a reality anymore. In my thirties I know I will have to challenge myself and my body more than I ever have in the past, but you know what, I am kinda looking forward to it.
That change can sometimes be a good thing. Since I was a small child I have always had a hard time with change. At this point in my life, I am slowly learning that change plays a very big role as far as growing as a person. I want to really work on changing the little things that I know will make me a better and happier person.
That having a ton of good friends is great!!! I feel so blessed to have as many of the the friendships that I have in my life. In my thirties I’ve decided that this is a good quote to live by. “Your friends should motivate and inspire you. Your circle should be well rounded and supportive. Keep it tight. Quality over quantity always.”
That family is the most important thing in the entire world. In my thirties I want to really focus on time with my family. Building memories with Todd, Carson, and Taylor. I know years from now, when I look back, these will be what matters most.
Now after all that deepness on a Friday I thought it would be fun to tell y’all a few things you may not know about me.
* If you told me I could only live off of one food for the rest of my life I would choose Thai food. I never tire of it, and no matter how many times I’ve eaten it, it still taste amazing every single time.
* I wear matching pajamas to bed every night.
* I can not stand the smell of Red Bull or Yager. When people order a shot/drink of either at a bar I literally dry heave.
* I have lots of girl crushes!! My number one would have to be Julianne Hough! The girl is amazing!
* I love TV!!! Todd would rather read a book at night with a glass of wine. I would rather grab a bag of puffy Cheetos and watch Nashville, Scandal, or the Housewives… just to name a few.
* My favorite place to go on a date is to the movies.
* As much I enjoy getting dolled up, I would choose my MC Hammer pants (that’s what I call my favorite pair of jogging pants) and my oversized hoodie any day!
* My childhood dog was a Jack Russell named Rambo and I insisted that Todd and I get a Jack Russell and name him Rocky. Rocky had now been our puppy child for nine years.
* I am a right fighter. Actually, I don’t really fight I just always believe I am right 🙂 My mom swears I get this from my dad.
* If there is something I really want I go after it full speed ahead with no hesitation.
* I love to sing karaoke. I am pretty much tone deaf, but it’s never stopped me from grabbing the mike and singing my heart out.
* I really, really want to go skydiving! I’ve wanted to for about 10 years now. I think Todd was hoping I would grow out of wanting to skydive, but nope, I still want to more than ever.
* Chocolate is my weakness. I love it all, but those dang Cadbury eggs are my favorite!
Whew, if you are still reading, bless your heart 🙂