- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup White Onion
- 1 medium raw Green-bell Pepper
- 3 cloves Garlic Clove
- 2 tsp Oregano, Dried
- 28 oz Organic Crushed Tomato With Basil
- 1 tbsp Organic Tomato Paste
- 1/2 cup Panko Crumbs
- 1 tbsp Reduced Fat Parmesan Cheese note: I use the real stuff!
- 1/2 tsp Thyme, Dried
- 1 2/5 g Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 16 oz Chicken Breast
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard Note : I do not like Mustard, so I use egg!
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, part-skim, shredded
- 2 1/2 oz Organic Whole Wheat Penne
- 1/4 cup Basil, Fresh
. Preheat oven to 400. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic and saute 3 to 5 minutes, until vegetables are soft. Add 1 tsp oregano and stir to coat. Cook 30 seconds, until oregano is fragrant. Add tomatoes and tomato paste and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low, partially cover and simmer 20 to 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a shallow dish, combine panko, Parmesan, remaining 1 tsp oregano, thyme, salt and black pepper. Mix with a fork to combine. Brush both sides of each chicken breast with Dijon. Transfer each breast to panko mixture and turn to coat both sides. Arrange chicken on prepared baking sheet. Coat surface of chicken with cooking spray. Bake 20 minutes.
4. Top each chicken breast with 2 to 3 Tbsp tomato sauce and 2 Tbsp mozzarella. Return chicken to oven and bake 10 minutes more, until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted and bubbly.
5. Arrange pasta on a serving plate and top with remaining tomato sauce. Serve chicken with pasta on the side, garnishing both with basil.
+ view comments