Good afternoon, friends! I sure hope you all had a wonderful New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day yesterday!
I always like to kick off the New Year with a list of goals that I would like to accomplish and I am always ready to get right on them. And while 2019 has past, I’ve been able to start off strong. I always seem to end up feeling stressed about my goals and feeling like I’m falling short after a few months. So, while I definitely still have some goals this year, I am setting them a little differently and I’m planning to really focus on what’s most important in my life.
With our new baby girl arriving any day now, I already know this year is going to start off with a lot of change. But I can’t even express how happy I am about this change, and unlike the birth of Carson and Taylor, I don’t feel one bit of anxiety about bringing a newborn home. That being said, I know it’s not going to be a cake walk, and things won’t all be perfect and easy.
My mom will come down for a few days, but other than that, we won’t have any help and Todd will need to return to work within the first week. I know there will be sleepless nights, lots of nursing, and showers for me will probably be few and far between, but I also know that it’s ALL worth it. I know the time passes so quickly, and to me there is nothing more precious and that I love more than the snuggle and the smell of a newborn. So, this leads me to my first and probably most important goal of 2020….
– Slow down and live in the present moment. Allow myself to be okay with not immediately having a routine with a schedule for the baby and everything else in my life. Even though I thrive on a schedule, I know that in the beginning, trying to set one up will only end in with me feeling overwhelmed and disappointed in myself.
– Keep things organized and in their place. As most of you already know, I LOVE to organize. Thanks to my major nesting, I’ve managed to get pretty much every inch of my house clean and organized. My biggest problem, however, is keeping it that way! Now that Carson and Taylor are older and can help with this, we’ve really been working hard to enforce it. And so far they have both been doing great, and I truly think it makes them happier to have their things in a clean (designated), organized space. Not to mention, it’s been so nice not hearing them yell every other day asking where something is. Many of you have asked through DM messages for me to share their organized spaces with you guys, and I am happy to say that I’ve already started a post on this and all my organizational posts (by rooms) will be coming very soon!
– When my body has healed, and I am feeling physically and mentally ready, I hope to get back to a gym routine.
I have tried to do workouts at home or just go to the gym solo to workout many many times, and for me, it just doesn’t work. That being said, with Todd working only a few minutes from home, he has agreed to come home on his lunch break so I can get a workout in. Luckily, we have some really great class options right here on Daniel Island that are only a few minutes from our house. Along with renewing my membership to FitCulture,
I am also planning to sign up at The Bar Method
to do a few classes a week. I used to love barre, and I know that it will be so good for not only my physical health, but also my mental.
– A BIG blog makeover!!! To say that this is LONG overdue would be an understatement! I am planning on not only to switch to WordPress, but I also plan on making my site much more organized and user friendly for you guys! Along with that, I have plans to bring back more routine posts. By routine, I don’t mean more sponsored post, I mean more of the posts you guys came here for 11 years ago when I first started writing my blog. And while I will have occasional sponsored posts, my main goal is to bring back my real life posts, easy cooking and recipe posts, and my fashion posts.
– Travel more with my family!!! Over the past few years, Todd and I have taken quite a few trips and they have been some of the best times in our lives. The memories these trips have left us with don’t compare to anything we could buy. So, even with the new baby this year, we’ve decided that we want to take at least a few trips as a family. As far as a bucket list for this year, we would like to take all three kids somewhere tropical (I’ll share the places we’re considering in a different post) and I also want to take a trip to New York! We may leave the baby with my parents for New York because we want to take Carson and Taylor to a Yankees game and to also see the Lion King. I know the baby won’t be old enough to participate in those activities, but then again, we may just bring a sitter with us on the trip because I’m already getting sad at the thought of even leaving her…haha!